Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I still remember my last drink, I wasnt drunk...

Yeah, I drink.. I like to have a drink. I know the difference between ‘having a drink’ and ‘getting drunk’. I have some rules on drinking and I seldom break it. If I have to drive back home after drinking outside and especially when I have to drop someone on my way back, then I never drink more than 2 pegs. If the session is gonna be long, then I take my 2 pegs as 4 smalls, or 2 smalls and a beer.
I indeed am a responsible drinker, ain’t I?
Now, when I don’t have to drive back home, that’s when I truly unwind. I remember and cherish such parties (or rather I dont remember). So, that’s what I am and that’s how I have been.
Two days back, I had a nice overnight session at my place with a couple of dear friends and we finished a nice one liter bottle of J&B whisky. It was on this day that my mom had mentioned that she was a bit concerned with my drinking habit lately. And a special someone was concerned and another dear friend subtly mentioned that I have been drinking on all weekends lately.
I got a call this evening for a very small get together to which I normally would have gone without thinking twice. But suddenly today, something was wrong. It didn’t feel right. For the first time I started to feel weird, probably thinking what they would think when I say am drinking today. Am I growing up? Am I getting ready for greater responsibilities? I didn’t go.. I stayed back at home..
But little does anyone know that I will use this instance of not going today to my advantage coming Saturday. Heh heh heh.. (evil laughter)

1 comment:

Priya Mathan said...

Don't let your number of drunkard weekends hike. Didn't you know that "Its better to be high on altitude than on booze.." :p