Thursday, September 18, 2008

The 'ME'

Alright, my first blog was sort of a journal. The next one was an incident. What next? By now many people have asked me, why I am not updating my blog and why no new further posts. Relax guys, I work a freaking 6 day week, with my weekly off on Mondays. (As of now it is monday. It has changed to tuesday twice now and reverted back owing to power shedding rule ordered by by TNEB). Hmmm.. If a 6 day week- Monday off doesnt sound interesting enough, wait till you hear my work timings! It is 7:30 am to 4:00 pm and my office is a good 20 km north of Chennai while my house is in the south of Chennai. I travel close to 100 km everyday. My bus comes at 5:45 am to pick me and 'IF' I get to leave on time in the evening I am back by 6pm. So, why the hell am I still working there? Well, being a Mechanical Engineer and an MBA in finance/operations, Ashok Leyland-Strategic Sourcing seems to be the perfect place to kick off my career.
Every sunday morning for more than a year when am at my desk at work by 7:30 am, I wonder if there is anyone I know who would even be awake by then. And, I would have missed the party last saturday night just because I have to go to work the next day and that too so damn early. Well, the good news is- we are soon moving to our new office in the city, which will cut my travel from 3.5 hrs a day to less than an hour a day! Moreover, it will be a 9 to 5 timing with Sundays off.. Eagerly waiting for a new lease of life to begin this October.
Now, I will be able to do all the small things that I always wanted to, like go for a night show! ha ha.. and go for night rides with the guys, have monday morning blues like everyone else rather than tuesday morning blues. And I dont have to wonder what the hell to do on my Monday holiday when everyone else is busy and am the only jobless idiot, sitting at home and watching the stock market.

As for more blogs.. I have a few half written ones at work and at home, but I only have half a mind to publish them. Why does everything have to be offensive to someone atleast and why do I give a damn about it, I do not know. I do not want to plagiarize anything in my write ups, dont want any sentimental stuff and dont want it to be about my rides alone. But, as I see it, this is gonna end up becoming a journal of all my past and future rides.. heh heh

1 comment:

Dj said...

Great..

Atlast words of joy pouring into the blog...Whatta cream bun you are..

Dj

http://myownmind.wordpress.com