Friday, September 19, 2008

The Value of 1 Day..

The news is out.. A five day week has been announced for the factory in Chennai owing to economic and industrial scenario with huge inventory and low production. And just because my office building is attached to the factory, the same rules apply. Now, I ll have Sundays and Mondays off rather than just the Mondays off. Now, I ll have no worries on Saturday night outs that I ll have to get back home early, not drink too much and get some sleep just because I have to work on Sundays. Now, I ll be able to watch all the amazing English movies dubbed in Tamil on Vijay TV and have a ball of a time laughing. I will have one whole day extra to relax! For more than a year now, with only one day off, it used to fly off without giving the satisfaction of having had at least sometime to be absolutely idle.
But, everything has a price. No free lunches anywhere. The extra pay that I used to get for working the 6th day will suddenly vanish. My zero balance bank account will truly live up to its name at a faster pace. Well, don’t we all plan our expenses on wafer thin margins every month?
Now I have the extra time to hangout but lesser spending potential.
My hypothesis: Free time X Spending power = Constant

No comments: